Saturday 4 February 2017

A big move!

Hello again everyone, long time no blog post. A lot has been happening since I last wrote on here but today I wanted to talk about moving. I recently moved from my home town to Leeds, which is about a 2 hour journey give or take. Now I am just going to say the move itself was okay, nothing drastic happened but there where a few worries and hurdles I had to try and figure out whilst moving .

1. Moving Insulin. 

Now at first I didn't really know what would be a best option to move with having insulin in the fridge but me and my mum came up with the great solution of freezing a water bottle and putting that in a cooler bag like this one : 

Image result for cooler bag small 
This kept my insulin cold enough until I reached my destination and didn't cause any problems.


2. Moving the other supplies.

Now for moving the rest of my medical items, I put them organised into a cardboard box and made a seperate box to put everything I may need in case of emergency in there so I had them at had just in case. Having a small box with your basic supplies at hand when travelling long distances is a good idea because you never know if something might go wrong and it is always better to be safe then sorry.

In all honesty, it has been a struggle. My blood sugars have been actin up a lot including a lot of hypos. The main things I have left to do now is register with a doctor and the diabetes team here in Leeds which is a chore but must be done.

I would like to just say this here as well, don't be afraid just because you're diabetic. YOU can do it, there is help out there for you. Plan your journey and make sure you have everything you can sorted out before the move, and good luck.

This is just a small update but I will be doing more in the next few weeks to get myself back on a schedule, thank yu for reading this short post and I will speak with you all again soon!

Becciixoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment