Wednesday 5 October 2016

Cheek piercing update.

So, if any one reading this knows me personally, a couple of years back in my first year of college I got my cheeks pierced. I have had problems with them since I got them pierced and I wanted to share my personal experience with them, from looking after them to me taking them out.

So, from when I got them pierced, I did have some problems. From the start they was obviously painful and swollen. They was also red and slightly irritated on the outside of my cheeks. Because of the swelling of my cheeks it caused me a lot of pain but it was manageable as long as I cleaned them and took some pain killers. I knew when getting them done they would take a very long time to heal and I did do research on line, as an example I watched a YouTuber called Morgan Joyce's video all about her cheek piercings - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uafmjW65uWc

I didn't encounter any big problems until a week or two later maybe, when they was really swollen on the inside. I had to push the bars through my cheek's to keep the inside from healing over the bar but unfortunately one of them (my right cheek) healed over the bar. As soon as this happened to me I knew that I should of got it looked at straight away but I personally decided to leave it as I wanted my cheeks to be as healed as possible so I didn't irritate them any further. So I waited until about a month a go or so.

I went into my doctors and asked if I could get a referral to get the piercing removed and because of me being type one diabetic I managed to get mine removed through the NHS. Now I do just want to state that I went and asked local pierces if there was anything they could do but they all refused to do it for various different reasons. ANYWAY I got them removed a couple of weeks ago and I have never been happier. Yes I have dimples that will probably be there for the rest of my life but I do have to go back to hospital to get them looked at to see if there is anything they can do to make my face look more normal I guess. I will update you guys when that happens.

Thank you for reading
Becciixoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment